From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:02:18 -0600
First I want to thank all of you that have sent cards to Sammy.  I haven't
seen them yet but the VET was real excited about it today when I spoke with
her.  They usually don't get cards for animals and they think it is great!
(and so do I!)

The news is good and bad.  The good news is that Sammy is doing well and has
a "good attitude" according to the vet.  The bad news is that when she did
the chest tap on Sammy that his breathing was irregular.  She had to take
him completely off the anesthesia a few times during the procedure because
his breathing became really shallow.  Instead of draining air out of the
chest, she got liquid.  She has sent the liquid to the Pathologist to have
it tested.  They will be looking for cancer cells and infection.  The vet
wasn't sure if the liquid came from Sammy's lung or chest.

The reason that she is worried is because his body isn't showing the normal
signs of infection but his lungs are definitely not healthy.  Unfortunately
this leads her to believe that Sammy has lung cancer.  If it is lung cancer
then she figures that Sammy will only have a few weeks to live because he is
already in bad shape.  If it is infection, that can be treated and Sammy
should be around for a long time.  The results are going to be back on
Monday or Tuesday.  I have a feeling that they will find cancer.  I am
praying that I am wrong but everything is pointing towards lung cancer.

I will let you all know when I find out what the results are.

Doris and Buddy are healthy but they won't play.  I know that they also
really miss Sammy.  I give them lots of extra hugs and kisses and support
them as much as possible.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful support that is being offered to Sammy
and me.

Jason, Sammy, Doris, and Buddy
ICQ # 7528859 (Sammy's Dad)
ICQ - www.icq.com