From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 21:51:23 -0700
Ferret Sunglasses

They are available at craft and fabric stores - the one's with a doll
accessory section.  Our's are a smoky plastic, aviator style, with wire
ear/nose pieces.  They come in various sizes, too.

Ferret Dogs

My dachshund was a wire hair.  Dachshunds come in 3 coat types, and 2
sizes.  They are available with the smooth hair that everybody is familiar
with, the long hair coat type BK mentioned, and wire hair, which is my
favorite.  Each comes in standard and mini size.  Our Sam was a blond,
standard, wire hair, who would have tolorated ferrets well.  The vets
always commented on his easy going nature, no matter how uncomfortable
the proceedures were.  He suffered a broken pelvis from a car encounter,
and found a large fishing lure irristible.  I would recommend a standard
wirehair dachshund as a ferret companion dog.

Housing Ferrets Outside

It's probably too late for changes here, but putting the shed against the
house, and cutting a door to connect the two, would seem a better solution.
For one thing, every time the shed is entered, there's going to be a rush
for the door.  We have our ferrets in a room made from a porch, with a
patio door between the two.  We couldn't exit their room, without little
noses trying to beat the heavy sliding door.  Scary!  Now we have a thick
sheet of plexiglass in the doorway, so we can step over.  The air
circulation is better now, as well.  We run the air conditioner all the
time, adjusting it to match the outside temp, but before putting in the
plexi, the room smelled of litter boxes.

Unadvertised Special

That means I forgot about it when building the post topic line!  There were
4 earthquakes in the Portland area over the past 24 hours.  I felt nothing
unusual.  A tugboat was pushing a barge around and I attributed whatever
movement I noticed to this very normal activity.  However, one of the
ferrets acted strangely this morning.  Welly tried frantically to exit the
ferret room, for about an hour.  I thought it was because he could see me
at the computer, but after scratching at the edge of the plexi for just
forever, he switched to the outside door, something he's never done before.
Any other ferret reactions?

Georgia - the left coast one...