Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:53:36 -0400
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ann and Vanessa Gruden
(FACT) for driving out to Ohio to pick up almost 50 ferrets to be
distributed to various shelters in NE. Due to the fact that Ann had to
be at work on Monday, they had no choice but to drive straight through
from OH to NJ to CT on Sunday. They arrived home safely, but quite
exhausted. I was able to talk with Ann briefly on Sunday and she had
some very promising news on the status of this rescue. Ferrets are
leaving almost daily for their journey to their new temporary homes.

There are still many ferrets waiting, but numbers are going down.
Great job to everyone who has picked up ferrets from Lori.

Finally, I would like to make a suggestion. Due to the nature of this
"surrender", I would ask that we refer to it as the Ohio Ferret Rescue,
rather than the "DMK Rescue". Let's move forward and leave the "DMK"
out of this ferret rescue. From all reports that I have received, the
ferrets are in pretty good condition - scared from all the changes,
exhausted from the moves, but still very full of the spirit that makes
ferrets so unique. Let's give these fuzzies a chance to forget about
their past and look forward to a new loving home as a Ohio Rescue
ferret. This may seem like a small issue, but a name can make such a
difference as to how we remember an experience.

Dooks and hugs to all,

Phyllis Spy
President, MaFF