Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:31:30 +1300
Judy wrote a clipping from Biology and Diseases of the Ferret, which
mentioned Aleutians and New Zealand.

I would ask all of you... who would know better?  A person reading a paper
where they may or may not know the people involved in the original research
and even whether the research is true rather than anecdotal... or a whole
division in charge of all diseases within the country?  Now, A vast
majority of what is inside this book is wonderful, awesome - a great
resource.  However, if everything was perfect, a second edition wouldn't
have been needed in the first place - information changes, old information
may be found as incorrect and new information may show something previously
un-noted.  I did note the presence of this passage in my original post, as
a matter of interest.

I am not interested in fighting over the presence of Aleutians in New
Zealand, Australia, England, Germany, Canada, America, Saudi Arabia, I
don't care where (note, I really doubt Aleutians has even been thought
of, let alone contracted, in some of those places) I am trying to find out
what can be done to help.  As I have now asked several times, rather than
squabbling over the bones, please let us concentrate on the meat of the
issue - which is trying to find a cure and/or vaccine for Aleutians.  What
can we do to help?

Sam

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

If everyone got together ferrets would be treated fairly.
http://www.ferretfans.net