From:
Doug Gerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:42:53 -0400
Greetings again from Alaska.  Doug, Sue, and Penny here again.  While we
have not posted recently, we are now addicted readers, and look forward to
every isssue with great anticipation.

                     A BIG Thanks

I was going to do this privately, but now that I think about it ... this is
the place.  Just wanted to thank BIG for the effort I know he must put forth
moderating this list, as well as the cornucopia of posters to the FML.
Since becoming more than a casual internet user, I have signed on and off of
several lists for various reasons.  This is beyond a doubt the most well
organized, and well run of the bunch.  .... So here, in front of "God and
everybody", My wife Sue, daughter Penny, and I want to thank you for
enriching our lives in so many little ways.

                     An Orange Ferret!

A friend, and fellow ferret owner who lives accros town called me the other
day in a panic, and said that last week his ferret started turning *orange*.
I couldn't believe what he was saying, so I agreed to meet him in a park
about midway between our two homes.  About an hour later, he was vindicated,
and I was astounded.  The man did in fact have an orange fuzz-butt.  From
nose to the base of her tail, she was bright orange!  He said she used to be
a Siamese sable up until a week before, but that gradually, over the past
seven or eight days, starting from the back of her neck, she just changed
color.

                     Foster Ferrets

We now have two more fur-slinkies, bringing the total to *five*.  Mysti and
Diva are on an extended visit from another household in the middle of
working out some pet care issues with a teen.  The carpet sharks are both
female, and litter mates, Mysti is rather small, about the size of our Lori,
and Diva is huge compared to any other female I have seen.  We took all five
camping with us this weekend, and probably will not do *that* again.  A bit
too much to handle!  A week or so before, we took our three (Lori, Tory, and
Shadow), and we had a great time.  Wth three, we could take them out on
their leashes together, but with five we had to do it in shifts.

Anyone who has ever walked a ferret on a leash knows it is not an aerobic
experience.  And doing it in a campground among tourists, and fellow
friendly Alaskans makes it less so.  Unlike one of the recent posters to the
list, we enjoy every opportunity to spread the gospel according to
"Moose-stella", and take great pleasure in meeting new people.  Our ferrets
seem to have a great time in the wild, and are extra happy for days after we
return home.

                      About that Orange Ferret

Oh yes, the orange ferret.  Meanwhile back in the park ..... Upon
questioning that friend about his oddly colored ankle biter, I asked him
what was different in his life over the past week, and he said that he had
recently retired.  Then he said that all day long he had nothing to do
except sit in his easy chair, watch television, pet the ferret ... and eat
Cheetos.  Hmmmm.

Take care all!

Doug, Sue, & Penny ---- Lori, Tory, & Shadow