From:
[log in to unmask] (Paul Fawcett)
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 22:05:51 +0000

                   Put Your Pet on the World Wide Web
                   ===================================

Send me a GIF or JPEG image file containing a picture of your favorite
pet, and a short paragraph, about four lines, with anything you want to
say about you and your animal, don't forget to include the pets' name.
Cat, dog or rattlesnake, as long as it's your pet I will put the picture
and text into a Web page where the whole world can see and read about
it.

Alternatively if you have your own home page with a picture of your pet
send me the URL and I will put a link to it in the Pet Pages.

This service is absolutely free, all you have to do is email a UUencoded
GIF or JPEG file that is less than 20 Kb (before UUencoding), and your
text, to:

 -------------------------- PLEASE NOTE ---------------------------------
 It is essential that your image file is smaller than 20 Kb, anything
 larger than this will not be accepted, and only one image/pet, sorry no
 exceptions! You will be surprised just how much can be squeezed into a
 20 Kb JPEG file.

The Pet Page URL is:

         http://www.wwa.com/~tenec/users/paulf/pets/pets.html

You will need a WWW browser such as Mosaic to view Pet Pages, currently
there is a small collection of images on show, there is plenty room
available if you would like to make a contribution.

For further information on the WWW please see the WWW FAQ. The most
recently posted version of this document is available by FTP from:

             rtfm.mit.edu /pub/usenet/news.answers/www/faq

Information on image files can be found in:

             rtfm.mit.edu /pub/usenet/news.answers/pictures-faq

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any other questions about Pet
Pages.

Paul.

--
Paul Fawcett