Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:52:47 EST
Hello everyone,

In anticipation of our bill (and the workload that accompanies it), I'm
asking those of you in Northern CA within say an hour's drive of the
Redwood City/Woodside area, to let me know if you can volunteer to be on
our mailing committee.  Please e-mail me with your home and work phone so
I can get ahold of you on short notice if necessary.

What we do is meet either on a weekend or after work to prepare district
mailings to everyone in specific Senate or Assembly districts when the
bill is either about to be in committee or on the floor for a vote.

These mailings are very, very helpful because they let everyone know that
ferret legalization is about to be considered by their state representative.
But they take time.  We need volunteers to fold the lettters, insert them
in envelops, stamp our return address and apply postage.  Generally we have
anywhere from 1,000-1,800 that go out each time.

I'm in need of more help this session, so please find the time to
volunteer-- this issue affects you too!

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization