From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 21:33:50 -0600
In two days, Salt Lake County Animal Control will be holding the first of
six meetings to go over the new Salt Lake County Animal Ordinance.  Within
this ordinance is the legalization and protection of Ferrets.  They will be
legal in Salt Lake County and will have a 10 day quarantine period in cases
of bitings.  For both vaccinated and unvaccinated Ferrets.

Something that hopefully will catch on all over the country is a the part
of the ordinace that will require NEW FERRET OWNERS to go through a class
so that they understand the RESPONSIBILITY of becoming a FERRET PARENT.

I know that is going to ruffle some feathers of many of our pet shops
because that will eliminate the "OH THEIR SO CUTE, I WANT ONE" buyer that
many pet stores rely on for their daily income.  These are the same buyers
that call shelters six months later with a caged Ferret that has not been
handled for five months.

IF YOU LIVE IN SALT LAKE COUNTY AND YOU ARE A FERRET PARENT.  Please attend
one of the meetings.  Legalization is not longer the issue, showing that
Ferret Owners are responsible people is.

Here are the dates and times, May 6th, 7th, 8th, 18th, 19th, & 22nd at 6 pm
at the Salt Lake County Animal Control Building, 500 west and 3900 south.

Hope to see you there.  DONT BRING YOUR FERRETS.  I REPEAT DONT BRING YOUR
FERRETS, remember they are still illegal.

Rick
United Ferret Organization (note new address)
668 Union Square Ste 234, Sandy, Utah 84070
The United Ferret Organization is dedicated to the protectection of the
Domestic Ferret and education others about the wonderful companion they
make.