Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:31:17 -0700
Please, if anyone is interested, this program does and will save
ferrets lives. If you have never helped another ferret before, it IS
a very rewarding experience. Please consider volunteering.

"We need volunteers that live in S CA, NV, or AZ, within reasonable
driving distance of the stations mentioned."

[Moderator's note: Above link requires you be subscribed to the
CA Ferret Exchange Yahoo Group, in which case you probably would have
seen the message already! BIG]

Ag Station Rescue Program on the verge of closure...due to the lack
of volunteers! Helping with Ag Station rescue isn't easy, nor is it
inexpensive (you pay for your own gas); however it is very rewarding!

Stations that are understaffed or have no volunteers: Yermo, Needles,
Blythe, Winterhaven. We haven't been able to locate volunteers in towns
close to these ag stations; the last rescue from Needles was for 3
ferrets, the volunteer drove over 200 miles round trip. We were hours
away from losing these ferrets.

Please, if you're willing to drive once every 2-3 months, won't you
sign up for the ag station rescue program? Save a ferret's life! You
may have to drive 200-300 miles, but it's not a weekly event! Please
help!

If we don't sign up at least 3 volunteers for each station we may
have to close the program. Ferrets will die. I've asked S CA ferret
clubs to help, but no one has signed up. Do you know anyone in the
Bakersfield-Barstow-Mojave area that can pick up from Yermo and take
the ferrets to Las Vegas? Or perhaps someone in Las Vegas will drive
in and pick up ferrets? Anyone in Riverside or San Bernardino counties
that will drive to Blythe or Needles to pick up ferrets?

We've exhausted all our resources, our last hope is finding kind
hearted folks on this group. If you can help please reply to this
message and I'll put you in touch with the proper folks to sign you
up."

Laryssa, crossposted with permission from the CA Ferret Exchange