From:
katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 13:15:01 EST
>From:    BRIAN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Food, and baths (how to keep a ferret clean)
>Ok, I have been following the list for months now and i have added ideas
>and questions.  I have a 5 month old ferret and i find that we need to
>bathe him once a week.  I heard that he could get bad skin by that.  What
>should i do?

I bathe my girls every other week without fail.  Over the winter, I tried
every three-four weeks, but they just got too icky.  If I don't bathe mine
every other week, they start feeling almost sticky.  Mine don't have skin
problems and don't scratch very much.

I guess ferrets are all different just like people...some people have to
wash their hair twice a day and others can go several days.  Lily, my
albino, starts getting yellowing on the nape of her neck and her tail which
my vet says is from the oil glands.

Maybe part of it has to do with where you live.  I live in Florida which is
very humid.  I think we all tend to need to bathe more frequently down here.