From:
"Audrey L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 05:52:05 -0500
Nancy,

How old is this poor little fuzzbutt?

Here are a few links that I found about MG:

http://www.petcaretips.net/myasthenia_gravis_dog.html -
a basic overview of MG and treatments

http://medicine.ucsd.edu/vet_neuromuscular/cases/2001/apr01.html -
glossary of terms associated with MG, and if you go to their home page
you can send a question to them

http://www.alternativehealth.co.nz/diseases/myathenia.htm -
a lot of holistic info for humans, but gives an interesting history of
MG, and also information on supplements and holistic modalities used in
MG cases

http://www.myasthenia.org/
Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America

I'd recommend searching the FHL archives too.

I also poked around a bit on other sites (I just Googled myasthenia
gravis animals, but it came up with human info as well), and it
seems that most current treatments are with prednisolone and other
immunosuppresive therapies.  The thymus plays a major role in this
disease.  There is also an ongoing study on a possible gene therapy
for MG.

I hope this helps, and I will keep your little guy in my prayers!

--
FMHugs, Audrey