From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:10:39 -0400
You know, I had considered asking friends and family to give to RFRL
in lieu of the usual Christmas, b'day gifts, etc., but after reading
Marlene's posts, I'm not so sure about that now.  What call is there for
this kind of accusation?  Yes, it's accusation, plain and simple.  How in
the hell else do shovels and Corvettes figure into this conversation?

Marlene, you speak of compassion for our ferrets; where's your compassion
for your fellow humans?  You say "the idea of Kodo suffereing [sic] for
days" - how do you know that?  From one FML post?  The only person here
who knows what Kodo went through is Gordon.  Let's not judge others for
what we don't know, huh?  Gordon did what he had to do, humanely.  SOME
of us don't euthanize at the first sign of sickness.  We wait to see if
we can solve the problem first, and give up only when there is no more
hope.  You know, I suffer when I get the flu.  Should I get myself
euthanized next time so I don't "suffer for days"?

I have never heard anything but good about Gordon and Kodo and Podo (and
Byte-Me too).  Gordon, I am very sorry for your loss.  I know you did
everything you could for Kodo, and did what you had to when there was no
more hope.  Please accept my sincere condolences.  Losing a friend is
never easy.

roger