From:
"Gwen M. Daley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 09:17:08 +0000
First off, thanks to the folks who contacted me about Lulu, my idiot
fuzzbutt who would rather go hungry than eat 8-in-1.  She's fine, now -
packing those ounces back on as we speak.  The only lasting effect seems to
be in her coat (it's dry), but a few more days of extra linatone should
solve that little problem.

To the poster who asked about keeping ferrets in the basement.  If you have
another choice, don't do it.  Ferret respiratory tracts are ridiculuously
sensitive, and there is nothing more miserable than a ferret with a
perpetual dripping nose (not to mention the more serious consequences like
pneumonia).  When I take my little ones home with me to see my folks, my
mother spoils them rotten (they get the best room in the house).  When they
go home with my SO, they get placed in the basement (one of many reasons my
SO's mother and I don't get along).  The difference in personality is like
night and day.  At my folks house, they can't wait to be picked up and
snuggled, and to romp and play (more so than at home, the little varmaints).
At my SO's folk's place they are lethargic and, dare I say it?, depressed.
The combination of the lack of light, air, and heat just isn't good for them
at all.  Good luck!

Gwen

Gwen M. Daley
http://www.vt.edu:10021/G/gdaley/gmd.html