From:
Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:42:38 -0700
>It is through losses that gains can be made.  Bob Jacobs did not lie or
>steal.  He and his ferret are now noted in the history of ferret progress.
>Pat Wright practiced a form of civil disobedience.  His loss will help
>others.

That, I guess, is a response to the following Glenn J. post:
>If you're really concerned about ethics and honesty, you might want to talk
>to Pat Wright, or Bob Jacobs, or any of the hundreds of others who have had
>their ferrets taken from them and killed by ugly little sickies.  They can
>tell you all about ethics and honesty.

Anyone see anything in there about Bob Jacobs lying or stealing?  Pat Wright
and "civil disobedience"?  So what!  Neither of them did anything that every
ferret keeper shouldn't have an absolute right to do.  Both of them made the
fatal mistake of forgetting, for one horrible moment, that they were dealing
with a pack of slope-browed throwbacks.

>but the progress made in ferrets with regards to rabies recommendatino
>came with honest and ethical efforts in studying ferrets and rabies.  We
>didn't lie to get where we have.  (Thats the big we of ferret owners.)

Who's kidding who?  Injecting ferrets with massive doses of rabies and
watching them die an ugly death would have went on for as long as they could
suck up another grant dollar.  It was the growing outrage from the ferret
people that caused the sudden about face.

And who is the "big we" you speak for?  Aren't you the same one who once
said "no one here can really speak for others"?

>We in particular will never support efforts riddled with dishonesty or
>other ethical weaknesses.  Wish all in the ferret world were as honest.

Isn't that something!  I have never been so close to an "unscribe", because
I am really becoming weary of being drenched with holier-than-thou crap
every morning.

All of you....go take a good long look at your babies and then ask
yourselves if you would lie to keep them safe from danger.

Glenn J.
Chuki....not today, I'm busy barfing