From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:03:01 -0500
Wolfy,
Hilarious!

I had forgotten till you reminded me but we also were told with our
first, Smash, who came from a private breeder, that ferrets have to be
kept in aquaria when not out playing. That breeder's explanation over
30 years ago in the early 1980s was that ferrets get sick from drafts,
so with you and us hearing it from separate sources it was either a
folk myth of the time or was in one of those early and terrible books.

Not until Wendy Winstead's books were there reasonable (though now,
esp. on health points, very outdated) books for people who were new
to ferrets. Pet stores and breeders should select recent reliable and
informative books and have newbies buy ferrets ALONG WITH such texts
as a bundled purchase.