From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:31:30 -0500
I was away with a group of friends this weekend and there were a few
people that I didn't know.  I was speaking with a young woman who was
a fellow animal lover and the subject of ferrets came up.  She began
telling me about her ex-boyfriends ferrets and the problems they had.
She began telling me about the adrenal surgeries she had done on them.
I said "oh, you're a vet?"  She replied "No, I'm a technician.  But
the vet did check my work to make sure I removed the entire gland.".

I know that we all need to learn through practice, but I will make damn
sure that from now own that I know that it is a vet operating on my
babies!  This causes me a little concern about who is actually doing
surgeries.  I'm not trying to offend anyone out there who may be in this
tech's position, however if this is a common practice I think that the
pet owners should know in advance and be given the option of authorizing
the tech to work on your pet or not.