From:
Mary McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:37:03 +0000
I have just read this on FML.

Funnily enough most people in the UK are seeking out the Hagen type H
harness because ferrets can quite easily wriggle out of the figure of
8 style harness. Also there is a risk of stretching with a leather
harness whereas once a nylon harness has bee adjusted to an individual
ferret it only needs ocasionla adjusting, with seasonla variation.

The H style is much easier to put on, the front bit can be left done
up and simply slipped over the head then all that is neede is to do
up the body strap, much easier with a snap together buckle than the
traditional buckle usually used on a leather harness.

I am talking from personal experience and the experience of many ferret
owning friends who have triedmany types of hrness and have found the H
ones the best. The only time I would advocate using a figure of 8 would
be for a very small jill as the H ones tend to be too big, but even
then it only takes a few minor adjustments to make it smaller.

And personally I wouldn't leave any small animal staked out
unsupervised in an uncoverd area, even in the UK where we don't have
eagles. Cats, hawks and seagulls are enough of a threat. Mary

http://www.beehive.com/bristolferretclub