From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:17:36 -0500
I recently cleaned out my desk and found some information that I had
requested from the Hill's Science Diet Company. At the time, I was
dealing with Ferris having irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or food
allergy or insulinoma (or whatever was his underlying illness since
we never got a definitive diagnosis). Anyway, if you have ever looked
at a can of A/D food, there is not really any nutritional information
listed. I called the customer service line and the woman I spoke with
was knowledgeable and helpful. She sent me printouts on both A/D and
Z/D prescription diets. Florence Love and I just discussed this the
other night and questioned why A/D would be "prescribed" by vets
instead of Z/D for ferrets with IBS, possible food allergies or other
digestive issues. A/D is supposed to be for short term use, while Z/D
seems to be more of a long term food choice.

If anyone knows about Z/D prescription diet or has used it, please
share your thoughts. Also, Z/D comes in both canned form and kibble.

Lesley