From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 17:39:40 -0700
Hey everyone!

I recently purchased ferrets magazine the 2002 annual, and I found a most
interesting chart on ferret food.  It states the minimum requirements,
percent of protien, and other specs.  here it is for anyone curious if
that food is good for your fuzzy:

Percent of protien: 32 to 40 percent

1st ingredient: must be meat-based

2nd-5th ingredient: Two of the 2nd - 5th ingredients should be meat
products

percent of fat: 18-22 percent

Percent of fiber: 2-3 percent or less

Percent of Ash: less than 7 percent

Also check to see that taurine is listed somewhere on the package label.
Many authorities recomment that this nutrient be included in a ferret's
diet for healthy heart and eyes.

-quoted from ferrets usa-ferret care for beginners 2002 annual-

~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_
~*`~*`FERRETS RULE~`*~`*