Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:33:04 -0800
I ran across something today that may be of use to ferret owners.

I work in conservation/preservation and we do a lot of work with paper
mills.  It seems that some people develop severe skin irritations when
handling newspaper not because of the ink, but because of other chemicals
used in the processing of the newsprint.

You may want to keep an eye on your fuzzies' rears if you use
recycled-paper litter or put out papers for them to use --- if they have
sensitive skin, they could develop a sore rash and cracking, red skin.
Conversely, if your ferret has these symptoms, the litter or paper may be
the problem.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret

==
________

Happiness is a warm ferret.

http://nettrash.com/users/meghan/enter.html