From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 06:06:33 -0800
With another, thank all that's Holy, small, out break of distemper in
ferrets, I just want to remind people ... VACCINATE!

I don't mean to offend anyone, I know vaccine is in short supply in
some locations, and I know some few ferrets can not be vaccinated
due to reactions. But please people, and especially shelter Moms,
volunteers and Dads, because you have so many precious souls in your
care, either vaccinate them or check them for tiders. Make sure you
are following proper protocols. They are clearly delineated here:
<http://us.merial.com/merial_corporate/news/press_releases/Oct_9_2001_PUREVAX_Ferret_Distemper_Vaccine.asp>

Please, please, please! I do not want to read of another single ferret
taken by this. I do not want another shelter to suffer through the
terrible losses and heartbreak we have read of the last couple of years
in a row. Quarantine as best you can, verify shot records with the vet
issuing them, and if that info is not available, then get those shots.

Most sincerely,

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
FurpeopleWeyr.com