Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:35:44 -0400
Hi.  I've been reading the FML for about a week and decided that you fellow
fuzzy lovers might be able to help me out.  I have been having horrible
trouble teaching my five-month old male, Nutmeg, to stop nipping and learn
to use the litter pan.  I though something was weird when I watched the way
he played with other ferrets and the way loud noises (or even the bell on
his collar, for that matter) didn't phase him at all.  The vet and I are
pretty sure that he is deaf, although neither of us is an expert on deaf
ferrets.  So, I was wondering if any of you have deaf ferrets and if there
are any tricks to training them that might be good to try.  I would love the
help.  You can write to me direct or just respond here.  Thanks so much and
"Have you hugged you fuzzy today?"

Thanks,
Ingrid