From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 09:13:43 -0400
Well guys, I just couldn't resist.

The first one is to the tune of Yesterday by the Beatles.

CARPETSHARKS

Carpetsharks....
Even though they don't meow or bark
They will steal your socks, and then your heart
Oh, I'm in love with carpetsharks.

Suddenly,
There's not half the socks there used to be
All my inner soles are gone from me
Oh, carpetsharks steal suddenly.

Why they have to stash
I don't know
They wouldn't say
I left something out
It's been gone since yesterday.

Fuzzybutts....
All my friends think that I'm going nuts
Buying hammocks and small ferret huts
And I love the smell of ferret butts.

Why they have to play
I don't know they wouldn't say
First they leap on necks
Scruff the dog, then run away.

Carpetsharks
Even though they don't meow or bark
They will steal your socks, and then your heart
Oh, I'm in love with carpetsharks.
I'm in love with carpetsharks.

The second one (and mercifully the last for now) is to the tune of Over the
Rainbow.

UNDER THE BUREAU

Somewhere under the bureau
Way down low,
There's a treasure that's stashed there
And all my ferrets know.

Somewhere under the bureau
Odd shoes lay
And the socks that I planned to wear
Are all stashed away.

Some day I'll move the bottom drawer
And find cheweasels on the floor
With milk bones

Where candies stick to halter tops
Down low between the bottle tops
That's where the towels are.

Somewhere under the bureau
Ferrets lie
Ferts lie under the bureau
Why then oh why can't I?

If happy little weasels lie
Beneath the bureau
Why oh why can't I?

Enjoy!(?)  ;->

P.S.  Wouldn't it be great to put together and publish a collection of
filksongs?  Maybe we could use it as a fundraiser for shelters.  Of course
we would have to be careful to use only public domain songs.  If anyone
knows about the legalities, or is interested, drop me a line, and maybe we
can get something started.

Melody Tomaszewicz

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts
Furry--The Sebastian Cabot of ferrets.  "I'm SO dignified."
Sweetie--The FLO agent.  "How on Earth did you get up there?"
Friskie--Liberace reincarnated.  "Where's that feather boa?  It's naptime."
Angel--aka Velociweasel, aka Pazuzu---Now in foster care. (Sob)