From:
Debra Aliano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:49:49 -0500
Hi., all!  First I wanted to say thank U.,for the responses,in reference
to my ? About a vet near Nashua, NH.  I am new to the group,and have
LOVED, and owned ferrets,for almost 15yrs now,and believe me,I have quite
a few AMAZING,MIRACLE,stories to share w/ u, all!!!

But right now before taking up the whole fml,I need to ask., I took my
sweetie,SCOOTER,3and a half,to a new vet,for what I suspect is a skin
tumor,and I also wanted to rule out a lump I thought I felt in his
abdomen.  Scooters apetite,has been fine, don't yell at me but he's
2.9lbs!!!  He's not fat,he's fluffy!!!  Anyway the vet did not listen to
his heart,or do a temp.,check!  I asked why,and he said no need since
he's eating good,has his hair ect.

This vet,was featured in the ferret magazine,and is supposed to
specialize,in ferrets.  Is this normal procedure?  This is a first
vet swich for me!

Also while there I picked up a brochere on pet insurance,and read it only
costs 7$a month to insure a ferret.,and given that they are unfortunatly
suseptable to so many health concerns,that as u know can be quite costly,
my ?,is does anybody have it?  Or know anything about health ins.,for
ferrets?

Thank U!!  DEBNSCOOTER!

--aliano