Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:58:06 -0400
Hello To All;

This past year has been very busy for our group.  (M/FRAN)
The zoo adoptathon was very humbling.  To see so many rescue groups
(32)congregated in one place with so many unwanted animals brought tears
to my eyes.  And this was just a portion of the hundreds of rescue
organizations out there.  While there, we met a wonderful woman who
invited us to do a syndicated TV program!!  The program (Pet Talk) was
about the care of ferrets and dispelling some of the myths that go along
with ferrets.  Very upbeat and positive!  Of course, the ferrets we took
with us stole the show.

M/FRAN does have some upcoming events that we would like to invite you to.
On August 25th and 26th we will be at the Michigan Humane Society Pet Care
Fair.  This is a yearly event that Pet Supplies Plus sponsors.  The event
is located on Evergreen Rd in Southfield, in front of the civic center.
We will have ferrets and ferret related items.  If you're in the area, stop
by and say "Hi".  This is also a good time to stock up on food etc.  since
the distributors will be there, selling their items at cost.

September 16th is our Third Annual Walk-a-Thon!  This year the walk will
be held in Garden City at the Garden City Park on Middlebelt Rd.  The
walk starts at noon and a picnic follows.  We have always had a lot of
fun at this event.  Pledge sheets are still available.  If interested,
please contact Kris at [log in to unmask] or visit www.mfran.org for more
information.  ALL are welcome whether you pledge or not!

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Mary

http://www.mkaresq.com