From:
Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 02:03:53 -0400
Hi there everyone,

We have successfully made the chicken gravy, after pressure cooking the
chicken for 90 minutes and using our new GE Food Processor to grind it
all.  Thank you all so much for the tips on making it.

Now the next difficult task is getting Fria to take it.  I really
don't think she likes it.  She didn't fight near as much when we were
practicing hand feeding her with chicken baby food.  But we're trying
our best to get her to eat one of the soft foods.  A few of them love
it though, and seem to think it's a treat.  Someone mentioned that the
bones shouldn't be used though, because of small splinters of bone in
it.  I couldn't strain it because it was MUCH to thick.  Should it still
be ok to give them?

And now it's just over a day until Fria's Adrenal surgery...Yes, I'm
counting hours now.  The closer we get to surgery day, the more I'm
freaking out.  I'm having trouble sleeping and my stomach ulcer is going
haywire.  I've been tempted several times to just cancel the surgery.
I know I probably sound nutty, but of all people I'm sure you guys
understand the most.  Jeez, I've been through many surgeries of my own
and have never been as scared as I am for Fria.

I sure hope I get better at dealing with this whole surgery thing...
especially since it's looking like we have another ferret, Jamocha, who
has started showing signs of Adrenal problems.

Take care,
Jen

Happy Dookin',
The Hidey Hole Gang - http://www.hideyhole.org/
Jen, Mike & The Critters
The Ferrets - Loki, Fria, Jamocha, Vivi & Duke
The Hedgehog - Punk
The Rats - Plato, Algernon & Mystique
The Chicken - Dixie