From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 13:01:30 -0500
In London, Ontario there is an old man with 60 un fixed ferrets.  From what
I hear from the London S.P.C.A. (who have a policy against ferrets) the
place is awful and the ferrets are never given water or food.  They are all
in a big pen with eachother, fighting and dying.  They seem to have decent
temperment, but are scared and cold.  The females are sick (probably anemia)
and the elderly man who owns them refuses to get them fixed or seen by a vet.

The London S.P.C.A. is not sure if they will seize the ferrets or not.
They are not sure if there is really distress with them.  Ya RIGHT!!  I
understand that the S.P.C.A.  here doesn't like ferrets, but how could you
not know that there is distress when any animal is in a filthy cage, thin
and doesn't have food or water.

If the S.P.C.A. does remove the 60 ferrets, they will have no where to go.
This is the main reason that they want to keep them where they are to suffer
horrible deaths.  I can take a bunch of them, but I already have 22 ferrets
in the shelter and I can only accommodate 35.

If ANYONE out there in FML land can help, please let me know.  I am worried
that those poor little fuzzies will die without our help.  Please, find it
in your heart to take in a fuzzy or two until we can find homes for them.
You can reach me by e-mail at
or phone me at (905) 275-0438.

All my love, Randy