From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:39:19 -0400
Having heard a misunderstanding of Alex's post yesterday I figured I'd
better share my reply with the list membership.

Oh, goodness!  Alex wasn't slamming me, she was teasing me.  A few months
back she had postulated that cats are descended from the cat branch, but
I sent her the info on their taxonomy.  We both decided to have some fun
with it and she went on to joke about the world being flat.  That led to
my "finding" the "truth" which went something like this: the world once
was flat but alien ferrets wanted it to be round, time and again they
tried to make it round without success, but finally they hit upon using
mounds of ice at what are now the poles to freeze in giant bungee cords.
Boooooooogggggggggn!  Round Earth!  True story!  Well, not the bungee
cord, but the history of the friendly teasing is true.  Alex is a friend.

I suspect that by now this conversation is probably in the FML Archives
for anyone who wants to see how silly we can be together.

Right now I am running on time but here is part of it:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0411&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R21927
 and
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0411&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R21986

-- Sukie (not a vet)