From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:54:32 -0800
Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while, and I'm so sorry to hear about all of the
other fluffs that have gone to the bridge.  I know that our Brandy is happy
to have such wonderful new playmates up there with her though!  :-)

Now for my problem - our 4-5 yr.  old adopted male fluff, Silky, has been
having the strangest symptoms, and we don't know what's happening!

It all started about 2 weeks ago, after his vaccines.  He became very
lethargic for several days, so we took him to the vet and got him checked
and put on amoxycillan (sp?).  Well, the night after he started the amoxy.
he vomited a bit, so we thought it might be a slight reaction.  We gave
him the amoxy. a few more days, but he wasn't showing any improvement,
and didn't vomit again, but instead seemed to be retching or coughing or
something.  It's the most awful sound!  So of course, back to the vet,
and we're trying Batril now as of last Sat.

Our vet didn't find anything obviously wrong in his two examinations, such
as a full blockage or heart problem, so we decided to try the antibiotics
and take it from there.  We're taking Silky in again this Friday, but he's
still been retching and lethargic.  No pawing at the mouth, dazes,
seizures, hair loss, etc.  He doesn't eat much, and his stools are small
and loose, but not black, tarry, discolored, or mucousy, etc.  The only
possibility I can think of is a partial blockage.  Does anyone have any
other ideas on this?

We'd greatly appreciate any help or advice you can give us before our next
vet appnt. Friday.  Also, if anyone with info. could post to the list, since
I'm in CA and have to be careful, we'd appreciate that as well.  Poor Silky
baby!

Thanks!
Anita