From:
sheila stoller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:50:25 -0700
I need the name of a very good ferret vet who may have had some experience
with skin cancer.  Cocoa had an open wound that look as if skin had been
rubbed or licked off.  I treated it with hydrocortizone and it would get
better but always come back.  I took Cocoa to the Animal Medical Center in
NYC and saw a Dr Morrisy.  After a round of testing that included a skin
biopsy and cost $500, Dr Morrisy wasn't sure if it was or wasn't skin
cancer and wanted to either retest or remove the bad skin and then retest
and do kemo.  He told me that the oncologists had never seen anything like
this before.  Since Cocoa had had this skin problem for quite a while, my
vet didn't believe it was cancer.  Well, the area that was biopsyed has
gotton thick and grown in size and there are now two other small patches
(one on his neck and one on his tail).  When I took him to my vet for shots
two weeks ago my vet suggested that I have the biopsy report sent to him.
I quess he now thinks it's cancer.  I haven't done anything because I went
t o see my mother (who is in a nursing home) and just returned.  I hope
it's not to late now and will do almost anything because I love my little
guy so much.  I know I was a bad ferret mom so please don't rub it in.

Sheila