From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 10:02:51 -0700
Well, I wasn't there so can't know anything for sure, but I might remind you
folks that Jean did not solicit anything, she doesn't even have internet
access!  I am puzzled how you could so easily believe the "authorities"
since they were so lax to investigate the whole affair until outside people
were pushing them.

I also talked to the prosecutor, personally, in the middle of the slow
investigation & he said they "were not issuing any warrants until they had
enough evidence to make the case sitck", in his words.  In light of this, I
am also puzzled by the release of the original suspect.  I also talked to
Jean when it all just had happened & got the feeling of a person who was so
devastated that she was about ready to give up on life itself until caring
ferret people were willing to help her out.

I really find it hard to believe that someone who hand birthed, and cut the
umbilical cord of every kit for 25 years would murder them so methodically.
It really seems much more likely that the real injustice is the release of a
person with an unstable mental history thru "old family political ties" as
seems to be the case.  I grew up in old Chicago where that was common.

To keep this ferret focused, lets not be too quick to burn at the stake
someone who already has been devastated by this tragedy.  I gave what I
personally did of my own free will & feel satisfied it went to a valid need.
I will not seek any recovery myself as I know the ferrets did benefit.
There is no doube that ferrets did suffer horrible deaths.  Let us not
compound it by perhaps wrongly going after the already wounded mom of the
kids.

This is only an appeal for reason & moderation of thinking in a very wierd
situation.

 Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs.:)
AOL instant messenger name= garyferret :)/ ICQ#4461104