From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 04:46:34 -0500
I am not a member of the symposium committee, so my opinion means
nothing.  Nonetheless, I think we have to recall the symposium is
A) a Canadian invention (THANK-YOU Randy!), and
B) an international effort.  I also think the Northeast, the Southeast,
and the Southwest has already been served (in general).

With the above in mind, I recommend a Northwest location.  While Portland
and Seattle initially come to mind to most FML readers, I would also
recommend Vancouver, Calgary, Helena, Boise, Victoria, and anyplace along
the Snake; all could serve the Northwest.  Personally, I highly recommend
Victoria, with the timing sometime in late spring.

I belong to a number of scientific organizations, and most have divided
the USA and Canada into 6 basic regions: Northwest, Northcentral,
Northeast, Southeast, Southcentral, and Southwest.  The general rule is
to randomly cycle through each region before returning to any one area.
I would hope the symposium committee would show such wisdom and fairness.

Bob C