From:
Luckydog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 23:46:35 -0700
I think that what we need to remember is that ferrets are special little
creatures with their own specific problems that they are prone to.  Not all
vets are lucky enough to see enough ferrets to become familiar with their
ailments.  Or perhaps they have chosen to specialize in another area.  (The
clinic that sees my dogs were the ones to recommend Mr. Jib's vet)

Veterinary medicine is becoming as specialized as human medicine, not every
vet can know everything about every kind of pet.  Luckily I live in an area
where I am close to a really knowledgeable, caring ferret vet or two.  Not
everyone is so blessed, which is one of the reasons why this list is so
valuable.  If you go to your vet in an appropriate manner with information
you have received on this list and he/she is not willing to listen, then it
is probably time to find another doctor.  Being confrontational isn't going
to help.

Becki