From:
Sara Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:58:14 -0800
Jules: It's really wonderful that you want to help out the ferrets by
starting a shelter/rescue.  I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

However, you say that you want to do this on a "small" basis.  Think
about how you are going to stay small.  The rescue that I co-founded in
St. Louis, FURRY, didn't even start as a rescue.  All we wanted to do
was start a ferret club.  And now they have had as many as 60 ferrets
in the shelter, because how do you say no?

If there's another ferret rescue in your area you might try to see if you
can help them, maybe by becoming a foster home.

Good luck!

Sara