Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 23:15:31 -0500
On the advice of another FMLer (sorry, but I can't remember exactly
who :-( I want to say Sukie... but I could be wrong...wouldn't be the
first time) Anyway i emailed a picture of one of my ferrets to pets.com.
This week I get a letter from them and the picture I emailed them is
showing through the little window on the envelope- so I tear it open
wondering what it could possibly be- It's a letter saying they've chosen
to publish my picture in a coffee table picture book.  Of course it also
says if I want a copy of the book it's gonna cost me something like $60
bucks... I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  I wonder if
it's a scam- There is also something that they sent about their contest
and they do say that I don't have to buy a copy of the book for the
picture I entered to win... I wish I had $60 bucks to spend, it says
that they're going to put it in the book weather I buy the book or not-
but if I don't buy the book how am I ever to know?  :-( So the initial
excitement wore off pretty quickly... Anyway, If anyone has ever had any
experience with pets.com or an issue like this email me.  I'm interested
to hear what others think about it.

To anyone that has emailed me off the list in the last two weeks I
appologize for not getting back to you yet!  I will soon!  REALLY!  :-)
I've had to nish papers and projects for the end of the semester and I
have one more final exam left (biological/neurological psych- yuch!  Wish
me luck!) and I've also been busy with a religious celebration that was
about a week long.  (but VERY enriching and exciting!)

Anyone tried to "crate train" a ferret to curb unwanted behavior?  I'm
thinking of buying a large crate to put by our bed for one of the
ferrets.  The newest one, Allie, insists on climbing on our bed at night
and knocking everything off the nightstands.  She only does this when
we're asleep though.  She also tries to steal the pillows from under our
heads!  I've tried convincing the S.O that she was only trying to fluff
his pillow for him- but try plaining that to a very grumpy grown man at 3
in the morning... this morning when I got home from work I got on the
computer downstairs and heard a n ise from the large cage.  (the one we
never use since they're free roam) Apparently he'd had enough of removing
her from the bed last night and he put her in the cage.  Since I work 12
hour nights I was headed to bed myself so I set up one of our portable
cages for her and brought her back up to the bedroom.  (he hadn't
realized that the big cage had no litter boxes in it since I removed them
to do some spring cleaning this week) Plus I felt bad for her having to0
be alone downstairs by herself.  I figured I'd keep her in the small cage
until 4 or 5 p.m.  so I could get a few hours of sleep and then let her
out until 4 or 5 in the mornig when he gets home from work.  HA, my plan
was foiled by the 4 month old who was determined to release her friend
from the cage... feeling guilty I let her out and subsequently spent the
whole day waking up to one ferret trying to drive me nuts.  Usually I
don't mind her durrin gthe week, but I work Fri/Sat/Sun, 12-13 hour night
shifts.  So If I loose sleep durring the day and then have to stay up
until 8 or in the morning it makes for a very sleepy and scarry drive
home.  I can't keep risking my health and safety by loosing several hours
of sleep durring the day, so I was thinking that I could set up a crate
with food, water and litter by the bed and when she climbs onto the bed I
can put her in the crate for a few minutes until she learns to associate
the crate with climbing on the bed... Has anyone else tried this with
success?