From:
Ferris James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:18:22 -0600
We posted a while back about a ferret for sale in a feed store in CA.  The
owners of the store had no idea about the illegality of ferrets, and were
very surprised when the F and G officer arrived.  The owners were given two
officer would take it.

Central Wisconsin Ferret Fanciers is trying to get this ferret out of CA.
It's not as easy as it sounds.  The ferret has to have a medical certificate,
which has to be filled out by a vet.  Hopefully, when we get our release
form from the F and G a vet would then be willing to help us.  We'll
probably need to bring in our own FerVac D, and ImRab 3 should be readily
available.

There must be someone out there who has done this before!  Would you please
get in contact with us and tell us how you did it???  Hopefully all will
pull together and we will be leaving LAX on April 8th at 1:15am, with Miss
Ferret.  I'm flying on Northwest Airlines.  Has anyone flown on this airline
with their ferrets?  One person told us the ferret could go under our seat,
another that she would have to go in the hold.

Central Wisconsin Ferret Fanciers would love to get in contact with any
California ferret club.  Is there someone else who needs to get their ferret
out of CA?  We'll be leaving April 8th and am available.

Thank you!
Laura, with Central Wisconsin Ferret Fanciers