From:
Amy Isenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 20:44:48 EST
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share my hapiness with you all.  I would also like to know
if anyone has experienced similar situaions.

My Winnie (oldest of three) is just over 4 and has been on pediapred since
this past march for her insolinoma.  At first she really didn't seem to be
doing well - back and forth to vets and everyone thought she looked good
for a ferret with this.  She is my first with insolinoma so I really am not
so sure what to expect, but I do do my very best with her.  She is on .6 cc
of pediapred (6.7/5ml solution) and also gets chcken babyfood bvefore her
meds 2x a day.  She has always seemed okay to me, but not herslef and
everyone says to me that once they get sick they really are never the same.

Well the last few weeks winnie has been VERY different.  She is back to the
same old brattenss and loveable ferret that she was when she was a baby.
It has been getting worse and worse, but in a very good sense.  She is just
a trouble maker again.  I can't tell you enough how happy that makes me.
She war dances all of the time.  I have this little trick wiht my guys -
they basically have their own room - and they are out most of the day and
locked in the cage at night - but if I am in their room and try to get out
they all hace to get a cookie and I escape while they are eating.  Well,
now winnie takes the cookie, but won't eat it.  Waits till I open the door
and runs with her cookie and hids in my bedroom under my bed, eats and and
then has a ball running aourn d the house with me chasing behind her.  I
can 't get enough of it.  She is my little trouble maker again.

I am sure you can all imagine how good it feels to knwo that your babies
are feeling so good - and all three of mine seem to feel that way.  Is t
his common though - I haad the impression that once sick, you can help them
and control somet hings, but they never really get better - well looking at
her - you would never know anything is worng.  I don't want her to change,
but why is this happening - I just would like to know because if it is
something that I might be doing = I will NEVER stop but all I do it love
her and play and feed and sit and you kn ow = all the typical ferret mommy
stuff.  Could that really be what is doing this to her??

Thanks for you help,
Amy