From:
Gwen Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:43:09 -0700
Hi, Gerald and Everyone Else:

Like us humans, most of our precious weasels enjoy a variety of foods.  I
use a mixture of Mazuri Ferret, Wysong Ferret Arcetypal 2 (dry) and also
feed them Wysong Ferret Arcetypal 1 which consists of 99% cold processed
meat.  Most of my kids LOVE the cold processed meat and it's good for
them because it's highly concentrated, is ALIVE with necessary enzymes,
fatty acids, etc.  and is a complete meat source.  Wysong believes
animals' diets should emulate the food they would get in the wild.  One
of my girls, Barnabas, eats the Wysong 1 cold processed meat almost
exclusively now and, at 8+ years, she's still going strong with no health
issues.  She loves to take a small chunk of the meat, walk it over to the
water dish and then dunk it awhile until it's wet and chewy.  (The meat
is soft, not hard like jerky, but she still loves to dunk a piece in a
bowl of water and then snorkel after it!)Wysong foods are not cheap, but
the protein content in both its formulas is extremely high -- a quality
we need to look for in any ferret food.  (www.wysong.net)

My VERY good friend, Robin Jones, who is also on the FML, turned me on to
Mazuri Ferret food a number of years ago and it's a product widely used
by zoos across the country.  I buy it in 25 pound bags from a local feed
store (Lemos) and save a lot of money that way rather than buying it in
smaller bags though Petsmart.

I also mix some Science Diet dry cat food pellets in with the mixture.
After all, variety is the spice of life!!

That's my 2 cents.