From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:37:31 -0500
>From:    Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
>
>In a Senior Class any ferret over the age of "5 years" can compete.
>Unike other shows, we do NOT have a cut off age, as long as your
>ferret is Healthy and UTD on it's vaccines, it can be shown in ANY
>class.

Do you require proof of a recent negative ADV test for all ferrets
entering the show hall? I, for one, would never take my ferrets to
any event where proof of ADV testing was not required, and I would
recommend that others who value the health and well being of their
ferrets do the same.

A ferret with distemper is very likely going to appear ill. A ferret
can have ADV and appear to be completely healthy. Yet, that healthy
appearing ferret can be shedding the disease and can therefore expose
every other ferret around to ADV.

ADV is a serious disease, and no one and no ferret should have to deal
with it. Believe me, I can tell you from personal experience that no
ribbon or trophy will ever be worth the heartache of ADV.

Protect your ferrets. Do not risk exposure to ADV. Do not attend shows
where proof of ADV testing is not required.

Danee DeVore
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator:
http://ferretcongress.org
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know! For more
information visit:
http://www.ferretadv.com
ADV - Find out how you can help:
http://help4adv.terrabox.com/