Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:18:37 EST
>Standing  by, waiting on the truth. IF we ever hear it....

OK, here is what is going on at this moment as I write .......

I have talked with Liz at the Bossier Animal Control and if at all
possible, I will be getting the ferret. There is no behavioral probs
with the ferret at this time no has their been while it was there. The
ferret was also in the cage.

As I said before in an email, the parents have told the police
different stories or several stories and none that make sense. So the
police's take on it is they were either not at home or they were so
drugged out they didn't hear anything. Also, ferrets don't do milk --
as they stated in the paper. The puppy was way to young to be away from
it's mama so that is why the vet of the shelter says he believes that
it was trying to suckle for mama's milk and really didn't know what it
was doing. I have received emails about helping place the puppy and I
have referred them to the correct person which is not the one they
mentioned in the paper as Annette. I have talked with the shelter
operator and she is going to try to get the ferret released to us -
the FFO. She knows me from the Humane Society of NW Louisiana so she
knows I am not just someone off the street and that I have ferrets,
have a shelter and have other exotics and have worked with the HSNWLA
for over 6 years now.

I will keep you posted and updated on what happens with this story and
what is happening. AS of now, the operator doesn't know what is going
to happen to either the puppy or the ferret -- will let you know when
they let me know!

Hugs,
Nancy in Shreveport, Louisiana