From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 08:11:08 -0400
Kim R writes
>There will always be those impulse buyers who buy the pet store ferrets
>and we should not be one of them.
>
>However, there will also be those breeder buyers too and just as many of
>those ferrets end up in shelters, so we should not be one of them either.

The "problem" is NOT those who buy pet store ferrets.  It is NOT those
who buy ferrets from breeders.  It is NOT those who adopt ferrets from
shelters.  The problem is that many people will obtain ferrets from ANY
of these sources without making the commitment to care for them for their
entire lives.

There are also many people who will obtain ferrets from ANY of these
sources (or find them on the street, or are given them by a neighbor, or
whatever) and will give those ferrets all the love and care they can, who
will experience the joys and sorrows of ferret ownership, who will laugh
at their antics and nurse them through illness, and who will mourn them
when their all to short lives are over.

I don't care where you get your ferrets from, as long as you are in that
second group.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH