From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 02:36:47 -0500
Hello Everyone, were baaaack.

First, I want to send condolences to all the fuzzies who have crossed and
prayers to all who are sick.

WARNING TO THE SOUTHERN US...THE CANADA GEESE ARE PRSESENTLY PRACTICING =
FLIGHT FORMATION OVER WINNIPEG AND WILL BE ON THEIR WAY SHORTLY. Watch =
for air poopie attacks.<GRIN>

Erin,
On the issue regarding the inexpensive ferret.  Please understand that
allot of people on the F.M.L.  become concerned when someone uses
"inexpensive" and "ferret" in the same sentence.  The way I read the
original post appears to sound like the man wanting the ferret may be
underestimating the cost and care that a ferret requires, and that he
didn't think a ferret was worth $100.00.  On the other hand it may just
have been the way the post was worded and maybe this man is aware of a
ferrets needs.  If there has been a misunderstanding could you please
elaborate on your post to help clear things up.

Tarie, BIG was right.  I take exception to the part of your post that
mentioned shelters turning a profit from the sale of ferrets!  HOW DARE
YOU.  I have not known of a shelter yet that has turned a profit from the
adoption of ferrets.  Who in the hell do you think takes care of these
ferrets plus the food, litter, cages, bedding, water bottles, not to
mention immediate and upcoming medical care while these ferrets are waiting
for homes.  What about the ones who are to old or sick to be adopted and
the shelter keeps and looks after.  You obviously have no idea how much
it takes to keep a shelter going and how much shelter operators sacrifice
every day to keep these shelters open.  The shelters I'm aware of are
non-profit and need donations to keep operating.  Ever been to one?  As for
the endless drivel, the F.M.L. is a place for both information and daily
happenings of peoples ferrets.  It's not only a place to learn from each
other, but a place to laugh about the antics of our ferrets and just to
keep in tune with the endless drivel I'm going to post some right after
this, so you best skip the next paragraph.

Well you best watch what you teach your furries.  Not long ago I started to
play a game with Tigger.  I would toss him lightly on the bed, and he would
come racing back.  I would pat my chest for him to jump up and up he would
come.  It got to be so much fun that the minute I would toss him he would
tear back across the bed and jump without any prompting.  This is all
very well and good till your not expecting it and you toss and go to do
something.  All the while Tigger is in mid flight and lands wherever he
can, your back, head, and even your face if you happen to turn around at
the right moment.  Oh ya if you are going to teach these tricks better
warn your SO.  It's just amazing where they may land as a scream is herd
from the male human in the bedroom.<grin>

Judy,
Thanks for all the recent info on ADV.  Is there any way we can learn more
about this disease from mink?  Also is there any known cases in Canada?