From:
Tracy Kilmer-March <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:01:41 EDT
Hi everyone,
Well, today I went into my tiny little town of Deer Park, WA.  And at our
grocery store was an old man (70-80's) who had these three kits in a box
trying to sell them for $200 each.  The box was sooooo nasty it had at
least 6 inches of stool in the corner and along with that much stool and
this kind of heat there was maggots.  There was no water, and only a few
scrap pieces of some food that I couldn't tell you what it was but it
smelt really bad.  I was so overwhelmed I first started to jump the guy
but very fast stopped myself and became a diplomat..  First I talked the
guy down to $100 each (he wouldn't go any lower).  Next I knew I had to
find out about where the Jill and hob were.  Well, That was an answer I
didn't want to hear.  The Jill bite him when he took the kits today so he
tossed her to the ground outside and she ran off, in this he stated that
he lived very far out in the woods and that she would soon be food
something bigger.  And the hob died two days ago when we had temps around
95 he stated "I forgot to give him water silly me and he became coyote
food."

I asked how he got these ferrets he said his sons girlfriend gave then
to him about 5 months ago as company because he only came to town once
or twice a year and that they would do great up in the woods with him.
Anyways, I ran home took the horses hay money and went back to find the
guy gone ... so I waited and sure enough he came back holding the kits in
a papersack I took them gave him the money and asked that he never own a
ferret again.  Thank God he said he hates the things and never would!!!!!!

So now in two weeks (after quar) we will have three kits who will need new
homes.  They seem to be healthy a bit underweight but that shouldn't take
long to fix.  They ate their Mazuri like it was the worlds best treat.  If
anyone has a few spare ADV tests we sure could use them for these kids as
our cost on them is going to be outrageous and we would like to keep it
down as much as possible.

We have an albino, a chocolate mitt, and a sable all females about 9 weeks
old.  For more info on how you can help or for adoption of the kids please
contact me...

Tracy March
Ferret Rescue Of Spokane & Spokane County
www.geocities.com/spokaneferretlady/rescue.html
1-509-262-9556