From:
Apryl Keniston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:45:52 -0500
Hello again all you super-friendly ferret folks;

Just a quick posting to let you all know that ferret math has struck again
(like I knew it would).  This past Sunday, we (my roommate and I) adopted a
couple of the cutest, cuddliest, ferts this side of heaven.  My Dex is a 3
yr old silver mitt who has got to be the largest ferret I've ever seen.  I
don't have a weight on him yet 'cause we don't go to Dr. Vaughn 'til
tomorrow, but I can't wait to see what he weighs.  Valentine, my roommate's
new "little girl", is a 2.5 yr old albino.  Absolutely beautiful
temperaments, both of them.  They are both MF and we adopted them from
Debbie at C Treasures' in east Orlando.  Debbie took them in to her shelter
on Valentine's day (hence the name) and has taken exceptional care of them
there.  They were turned in to her because their "other" family moved into a
'no pets' apartment complex and couldn't take them with.  I spoke to the
family today (as Debbie had a 'contact permitted' form from them) and asked
some pertinent behavioral and past veterinary questions.  They were very sad
that they had to give these babies up, and wanted to know all about me, my
"Fantastic Four" and where I lived.  I assured them that Debbie had given
them premium care while in her custody and that I and my other 4 fuzzies
were absolutely delighted with Dex and Valentine.  I have nothing but the
utmost respect for the job that Debbie does and the attention and care she
lavishes on the kids in her shelter.  As for Dex and Val, they're curled up
in a large hammock with Maia on top and GiGi somewhere in the middle.  Ozzy
& Gizzy are quite content to spend their sleep time undisturbed by the
others (and I'm sure the others prefer it too) and being able to get up and
play every couple of hours without having to step over the "old fogies".

So "kudos" Debbie, to you and all the kids at C Treasures'.

Apryl and the "Fantastic ?Six?"