From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 16:49:30 -0500
A couple months ago, I posted a letter introducing the storm sisters
(Thunder and Lightning) and my new adoptee, Hershey.  Well 2 months have
passed and I am happy to say a lot has changed.

At this point, I would like to give a round of applause for every single
person out there who has ever cared enough to turn a troubled ferret around.
This is not always easy, don t get me wrong your efforts are repaid
1,000,000 times over in love and joy, but it is not always easy!

Hershey, has gone from a ferret who used to have nightmares (screaming in
her sleep) to a sleeping beauty who s only trouble sleeping comes from me
rolling over and kicking her.  I no longer worry about putting my face near
her (she was responsible for stitches at her previous home after being
rescued), she will still put her teeth on your nose, but she will not close
her jaw.  Even this is getting better, if you catch her thinking about going
for your nose all that needs to be done is give her the stare ....all of a
sudden the intended bite becomes the biggest yawn (too cute).  But most
important of all, the ferret war dance!  I have had Thunder and Lightning
since they were babies and they have always played, I can tell the
difference when Hershey plays....The storms sisters take playing for
granted, Hershey plays and you can see the complete joy and sheer happiness
at having the opportunity.

The reason I am posting is I have run into a barrier and I need suggestions.
I know that my 3 girls have accepted each other (Lightning as the dominant
sprite) however every once in a while the playing stops and fighting begins.
I have finally discovered the source....Hershey freaks if one of the storm
sisters lick her ears.  She does not appear to have sensitive ears as she
will let me rub them without a complaint.  I have even tried to hold her in
my lap and let Thunder lick her ears (restraining Hersheys bite reaction) to
prove that Thunder will not bite, all she does is cry (really pathetic
like).  Does anyone have a suggestion?  This situation is stopping the 3
girls from trusting each other.

Best wishes to all
Paige with
        Thunder (come on....ears taste good)
        Lightning (I m boss and you had better remember it)
        Hershey (attack the towel...charge)