From:
Architectural Design & Construction LLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:28:13 -0400
I try to post this at least once a year (maybe I should do it more often)
just to keep people aware.  A few years ago I had my ferrets on a road
trip.  Stopping in a rest area, I put my little buddies on their leashes
and took them for a walk in the grassy area for pets.  To this day I
don't know why, but I glanced up, and was horrified to see a large "Bird
of Prey" in an attack dive right at my ferrets.  Instinctively I jerked
their leashes, snatching them towards me and out of harms way!  The bird
came within about 3' of the ground right where my ferrets were and pulled
up quickly.  I know this wasn't good for them but was better than being
"Lunch" for some bird.  I'm not sure what kind of bird it was, (it all
happened so quickly) but it was a big'un.

So, anytime you are out in open areas, leash or not, BEWARE!  Danger
doesn't always come from the ground.  Keep an eye to the sky!

Mike w/Stretch, Morgan, Stinklette & Thor (the cat)