From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 19:58:06 -0500
Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot on the FML about teeth cleaning so I decided to look
at Jitterbug and Monkey's teeth (it had never even occurred to me before).
Well I was horrified to notice that Jitterbug's back teeth had blackish
brown splotches on them.  Also one of her front canine's is yellowed at the
bottom.  Then I checked Monkey's and even though she is not even 1 year old
yet, I noticed her back teeth look like they might be begining to do the
same.(Not nearly as bad as Jitterbug's but there does seem to be the
beggining of a darkish area underneath the sparkling white).  I am very
upset and wonder how such a young ferret could begin to have teeth problems.
Is it because I give them raisens (only one or two a day)?  Or was I
supposed to be brushing their teeth this whole time?  Does the food I feed
them affect this problem (I give them Iams dry kitten food)?

Now the worst part is that I live in Los Angeles so I am hesitant to take
them to a dentist.  I remember someone mentioning a tooth scaler.  Where do
you get these (remember I am in a FFZ)?  Will this solve the problem
completely?  What exactly do I do with it and is it difficult to get your
ferret to stay still for it?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I am very worried about their teeth
now.  You can either respond to me directly or on the list.

Thanks in advance,

Rebecca, Jitterbug and Monkey