Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:16:01 EST
Well, we finally seen it! The great houdini.....I mean the ferret with
severe ADD Shakespeare, had done the incredible feat again of passing
thru his cage bars. Yes, I saw it! I put him to bed last nite and again
triple locked up his pad. But then I started to hear some movement from
within. Quickly I ran back and peaked from behind their bedroom door!
At that time, he was biting on the bottom door but I thought this time
it would hold with the 3 locks on it! But to my amazement, I watched
Li'l Shakes "pop" his fat head in between two of the horizontal bars!
It was like wartching something out of a science fiction movie. Then
he proceeded to squeeze and wiggle his little (well big for ferrets)
ferret body through the bars. He squeezed and twisted and stretched
and finally pull himself to freedom. Then he continued to go about
his business like thats how things worked around here. It was really
hysterical to watch. I have to try to get this on video this weekend!
What we found was one horizontal bar was no longer welded to the rest
of the mansion allowing him to stretch it enough ( at the very most 1/4
inch )so he can literally squeeze and "pop" his head thru. From there
on he just stretched the rest of his body till it goes thru. He goes
right to that loose bar everytime too, and escapes. Now we tried again
to lock this part of the cage up. We will know in a little while if it
works. We also have plexiglass to cover that area till my husband can
reweld it! After christmas, I am going to try to save money to buy us
a Ferret Nation cage.

Shakespeare really drove me nuts yesterday, being the ADD ferret that
he is. He spilled his water all over the floor, then got his small
water bowl off the side table and carried it down to the floor and
spilled that all out. He managed to get in my kitchen (a big no, no
here, since he can get under the stove and escape). I chased him all
over the kitchen but he was way too fast and my falling prevented me
from getting the little fuzzbball. He climbed on an upper shelf over my
bed and spilled powder all over my bed. he somehow got into a xmas gift
and stole some stocking stuffers. Never found them again. Finally he
decides to share a little quality time with his dad, who was eating
macadamia nuts in the living room. He quietly and lovingly climbed up
the couch, stuck his nose in the can and helped himself to some. After
snack, he climbed on my hubby and stole his pack of cigarettes out of
his pocket! After a wild pursuit, my husband retreived them! And all
during this time, sweet, demure Li'l Gracie Girl was sleeping or being
the gentle loving little ferret that she is. Never bothering anyone.
Secure in her hugs and kisses! That Shakespeare will be the death of
me yet!

Thanks! and Merry Xmas! Just a quick thank you to the Hidey- Hole
shelter. I loved my bedding i won in your raffle. Really never expected
to win!

Debbie, Shakespeare, Gracie girl and the rest of the family!