From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 06:27:22 -0700
Hi all....

>I have to admit that I was very impressed with the number of people that
>actually knew what they were.

Wish I could say this !  After last post AND then yesterday, - I wonder if
ANYONE in this county knows what a fert is...

Outside, yesterday evening, washing Morrow's and Hopps cage a man from a
company that delivers food pulls into the driveway next door.  He gives all
the kids free ice cream, delivers his food next door and comes over to
"chat" with me.  At that very moment Hopps has found the windowsill and is
climbing around between the screen and the window...

This guy says "IS THAT A POLECAT?" Oh geez, I think to myself, NOT AGAIN!!!
"NO, I answer, that is Hopps, my ferret".  "Well, GOSH, arn't they wild
critters"...."NO, I answer, they have been domesticated for thousands of
years"...."GOSH, Really?"

I then went in and got Hopps and Morrow and brought them out and went on
about what wonderful "people" they are.  He wanted to hold Hopps, and I told
him that "he was my adoptee", and that I'd prefer if he'd hold Morrow.  He's
going "awwwhhh aint they cute?  I ain't never seen anything like that
before".  - Holding her way out away from his body...I took her, put her on
my neck which is where she always sits (even when I'm doing housework) and
put them both back inside....

*Sigh*

Bob C: I wanted to add a little spice to my youngins diet, so I boiled
chicken bones for them...A friend came over and it wasn't until the next day
did I realize (but shoot, he didn't ask either) that he saw them boiling and
was wondering what the H**& I was doing <G>.  REAL proud of myself, I walked
to Morrow and Hopp's cage with my "treat".  (They were cooled down, of
course), - and it took all of 2 seconds before they threw them in their
litter pan... :(