Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 17:30:51 -0700
Monday evening we became 8, with the addition of a 2.25 year old male.
He is unmarked, so he is not from MF, and he is a small sized guy.  We
are apparently his 4th home in his little life..(and his final home!)  His
previous owner of 1 year was leaving for college, and could not take him.
He has always been a solitary ferret, so being added to 7 brothers and
sisters has been quite stressful on Jester (formerly Fester) We have had
him out with all 7, but our male Tavi took on Jester with "intent to hurt"
(having integrated 7, this seemed more than normal fighting to us) and
Jester wanted only to disengage!!!  We are keeping Jester with the 3 babies
(10-12 weeks) and he is doing well with them, but if any of the other
'older' ferrets approach Jester, he runs to his hammock and whimpers...it is
so sad!  These adults do not yet include Tavi...he is being strictly kept
away from Jester!  Any suggestions?  We're thinking he needs more time to
get used to other ferrets and new house..new food new caregivers etc etc He
gets his 'special' toys in his cage with him, and a neat dryer
hose/tupperware container he likes to play with when he is out So, we're
thinking 'Tincture of Time' here.... any helpful suggestions will be
appreciated..  Thanks

Deb & Richard and the  8 Yakimaniacs
Riki & Tiki & Tavi & Chuckles & Jester & Pansy & Clover & Rose